[Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files

From: scott092707
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash Temporary Files
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:12:24 -0500 (EST)

I hope that you can help me.

I wanted to get away from Adobe Flash, and am trying GNash (mostly the plugin for FireFox).

It seems OK so far, except for one thing...

I used to be able to go to /tmp and copy the temporary files of songs that I liked to somewhere else (before leaving the YouTube page), and then use WinFF/ ffmpeg to convert to .ogg or .mp3 or...

Now, I cannot seem to find where the temporary files are downloaded.

>From a forum thread in 2006, it seems possible that there ARE no temporary files. But that is a long time ago, and who knows?

IS there a tempory file created for playing videos?  If not automatic, perhaps there is a way to configure Gnash to do so?
If not, what do I do?  I would prefer not to go back to Adobe, but using Sound Recorder, and trying to time the record right when pressing the Play button on YouTube just is a bit too low-tech for me - the quality is not very good, also.

Can anybody help?

-Scott