Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: string_table::noCase

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: string_table::noCase
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 04:18:22 +0200

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 01:25:11AM +0200, strk wrote:

> Given getProperty is called over 10 times more than setValue maybe one
> optimization would be to avoid the ::noCase call for keys which are
> known in advance for being lower-case (thinking about namedStrings).

I've added some stats gathering code to string_table
(enable defining DEBUG_STRING_TABLE in string_table.cpp)

Here's the top 10 keys passed to ::noCase

 * 8401939:__proto__(196)
 * 3953383:__resolve(197)
 *  979728:(0)
    685300:onMouseMove(138)
    655255:onRollOver(146)
 *  526608:enabled(103)
 *  355814:r(157)
    346528:onEnterFrame(124)
 *  259097:a(80)
 *  174748:this(170)

Marked with a star the ones we have in namedStrings and are
known to be lowercase (ALL!)

The 0-case I've committed a short-cut for (was painless to do).
For the others I was thinking we could pass string_table an
upper key value below which he can consider everything as already
lower-cased.