[Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface status

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] ExternalInterface status
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:36:41 -0600

As of revno #12320, the ExternalInterface support in Gnash is mostly
complete. I can now set/get Actionscript variables from Javascript, and
I can call Actionscript methods from Javascript too. This only leaves a
few control methods Pan/Zoom/SetZoomRect unimplemented (ideas on
implementing these appreciated). This is now in trunk, so it's possible
that some sites may work differently, since previously there was no
interaction between Javascript and Actionscript. I haven't noticed any
problems in my own testing, so please report any problems. Some sites
should work better now. :-)

This is the last big task I was trying to get done before the code
freeze. Everything else I'm working on is more long term for after the
release. As mentioned before, I was considering late July-early Aug for
the code freeze. Does anyone else have a big checkin worth waiting for ?
Can anyone think of anything critical that should be fixed before the
code freeze ?

        - rob -