Re: address@hidden: [Gnash-dev] Youtube support thoughts]

From: Geoff Stearns
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [Gnash-dev] Youtube support thoughts]
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:46:09 -0700

That shouldn't happen. Some videos required AVM2, but should show an upgrade message if you don't have the required version.

Bug reports would be good.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 6:22 AM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 02:14:12PM -0700, Geoff Stearns wrote:
> Also: gnash doesn't run in IE, right? So no need to worry about a solution
> there? It will always just be registered in the plugins array?

We don't support an IE plugin but some people have been trying that.
I don't personally care about that.
Nobody should use proprietary software :)

Let us know when something is setup so we can test.

BTW, in the current situation it looks like not ALL youtube
videos do check for player version.
I draw this conclusion from the fact that even advertising
gnash plugin as version 8 we currently still get some AVM2
players...
Is that expected or would you be interested in bug reports about that ?

Thanks!

--strk;

 ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
 /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html