[Gnash-dev] gnash on cortex-A8

From: Daniel Amor Martín
Subject: [Gnash-dev] gnash on cortex-A8
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:48:05 +0200

Hi all,

Some time ago I got gansh working on arm11 (imx31), it was nice to be able to run flash gui in this device.

This week I got in my hands an cortex-A8 board (imx51), it runs ubuntu and I could test the official gnash package for the distribution. The result is quite nice. I made a video showing how it performs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVuia31WzBA

Another interesting thing is that appart form the official package I also tried downloading the sources and compiling it natively in the board. The process to compile and install took 5 hours, but seeing it compile in arm without having to setup a crosscompilation environment was a really nice experience. The setup used was gtk/agg, I also used gtk/ogl but the performance was painfully slow, probably due to poor performance of the opengl/gtk integration.

Thanks to all,

  Daniel,