Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] RTMP
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:20:15 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 24.03.2010, 23:36 +0100 schrieb Andrea Palmatè:
> you are right, but maybe (i0m not so sure) not all OS are posix
> compliant. Well, i could add a function in the amiga part that is a
> replacement for sysconf so we can avoid another #ifdef.
> Maybe it is time to add a liboscompat to add replacement functions for
> OSes that doesn't have something used in gnash?
> Just a suggestion

The Adobe player sends a (max 32-bit) timestamp based on the uptime of
the system. As long as the timestamp increases, I don't think it matters
what it is, but it's probably worth staying compatible.

As for OS compatibility, as long as it's handled in libbase to keep the
core clean, I don't think we really need to worry. We could consider
unifying the timer code (ClockTime.h and that other hpp file in libbase)
to make sure it's all in one place, but ifdefs are a fact of life for
this stuff.

--
Free Flash, use Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/