Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Install instructions in the wiki fail for Ubuntu Jaunty
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:49:51 -0700

On 02/24/10 14:36, Richard Wilbur wrote:

> I have used pbuilder under Ubuntu to build binary packages from source
> packages for a particular Ubuntu release.  It does a decent job as it
> creates a chroot build environment with the build dependencies from the
> target Ubuntu release repositories.  The chroot build environment takes
> a little hard disk space to keep around (not too much as they are
> minimal to start with and also stored compressed) but updates are much
> faster than creating a new one.

  I think I fixed the GPG key problems, at least I'll assume so, it
works for me now for both the deb and rpm repositories. I went through
the whole process of making sure my keys matched on all the build
slaves, and the old gnashdev.key was bogus. So the correct key is here:

http://getgnash.org/gnashdev.key
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x50B9A110A0B6D3FE

  I also beat my way though getting pbuilder setup yesterday so I can
use it for sid packages. Now that I figured out how to add the base
packages gnash needs to the root so they don't have to get installed all
the time, it seems to be working ok. For package building, it is faster
than creating VM images and running under VirtualBox. (that is if I
don't install a zillion packages each time)

  Next I'll see about building packages for lenny, sid, jaunty, and LTS
(if it's still Hardy after 10.4) with pbuilder.

        - rob -