[Gnash-dev] NPAPI plugin with KDE4 gui

From: John Wimer
Subject: [Gnash-dev] NPAPI plugin with KDE4 gui
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 20:06:36 +0100

The NPAPI plugin launches gtk-gnash or the GNASH_PLAYER env variable.
Setting GNASH_PLAYER to the kde4-gnash program works to embed the kde4
gui. However, the NPAPI plugin would only build if gtk gui is
configured.

I'm attaching a patch for review that does the following:
1) Builds the NPAPI plugin if gtk or kde4 gui is enabled
2) The plugin will launch gtk-gnash or kde4-gnash, whichever exists. If
both are installed, gtk-gnash dominates.

I'm no expert with the auto* suite, so I may have overlooked some
things. But if no one sees a problem with this, I'll go ahead and check
it in next week.

I think the sdl and fltk GUIs also support XEmbed, so should they be
supported in this manner also?

John Wimer