Re: [Gnash-dev] GC and refcount

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GC and refcount
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:49:55 +0100

Ehm.... for the record, the case to think about is the unreachable
chain of GcResources circularly referencing each-other trouh this
"smart pointer".
The GC would delete the resources, so the "smart pointers" would
NOT be able to access the actual referee object w/out memory violations.

We'd then need a way from the GC to signal all smart pointers about
this condition. Chances are weak pointers would help here, but I've no
experience with that (will do some research).

--strk;