Re: [Gnash-dev] Caching synthesized object of primary types

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Caching synthesized object of primary types
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:05:23 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 09:52:01PM -0700, Richard Wilbur wrote:

> Did you mean?
> String.prototype.getCached = function(container) { container.cached =
> this; };

Yes.
You're very welcome to review the tests. I committed this kind of test
in testsuite/actionscript.all/String.as (by the end).

> I assume this test was run on the PP?  Therefore we wish to replicate
> this behaviour, not necessarily improve upon it.

Yeah, we can't behave differently from the PP, unless different versions
of the PP themselves behave differently, which would justify our drift :)
This is not uncommon so it's highly encouraged to run the String-v*.swf tests
built in actionscript.all with as many PP versions on as many systems as
possible
(win32/pp10 probably being the most important one).

> What if we made each cached object a reference to the original object as
> long as both are treated in a read-only fashion

Uhm. seems overkill at first thought.
Would mean impementing this referencing thing for all of as_object
as that's what the cached object would be (an as_object).

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!