Re: [Gnash-dev] Trying to install Gnash ...

From: Willy Gommel
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Trying to install Gnash ...
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:19:53 -0700

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Alas, I still apparently have failure to report.

After installing Ming from their website, version 0.4.2, I ran MAKE CHECK again. Still it seems to be ERRORing out; the screen log is located at www.wg3.net/gnashcheckcompile.txt. N .B.: This time the file is comparatively t9iny -- it's only 47K this time.

On Thursday 30 July 2009, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> > Hi there!! I have been hitting a roadblock lately in terms of getting
> > 0.8.5 installed at all -- let alone working. On what? On my AMD64
> > 4-CPU machine running Debian Linux using kernel 2.6.26-17.
>
> What is the problem? As far as I can see, the build completes.
>
> > Fourth, I installed all of the dependencies I found listed there --
> > including the docbook ones. Fifth, I ran ./configure again. Sixth, I
> > ran make on the source code. Seventh, I tried to run the test suite.
> > Of course, I must admit and assert that my problems center on the last
> > two steps.
>
> Some of the test failures are due to using an old version of ming,
> including the compile failure that stops your testsuite run. We try to
> support as many versions as possible, but there are too many to get it
> right all the time. A build of ming's current CVS head is best.
>
> --
> Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
>
> Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de

"The build completes ..." Yet I thought I saw a number of error messages at its bottom. Still, I feel inclined to take your word for it ...

N.B.: What is supposed to happen when I MAKE CHECK? If any of the tests are supposed to happen right then, they aren't happening. If the tests aren't supposed to happen right then, how do I run them?

Again, thanks very much! :)

--
http://www.wg3.net