Re: [Gnash-dev] LCShmkey in file .gnashrc

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] LCShmkey in file .gnashrc
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:30:12 -0600

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> i'm trying to use SysV IPC library but when i run dumpshm i get this error:

  You may not need dumpshm, it's for manipulating shared memory
segments, which you don't really have. You could make it use the pointer
you get from your "malloc() pretending to be mmap()", so you could
analyze LocalConnection data.

> No LcShmKey sei in /.gnashrc, trying to find it yourselves
> No shared memory segments found!

  For SYS V style shared memory, you have a key_t that you use for all
operations. I'd think for AmigaOS4 you could just ignore it, or use it
as an index into an array of pointers.

  The Adobe player uses different SYS V keys on different platforms, so
one of the jobs of dumpshm is to search all the shared memory segments
the kernel has a list of, and find the one that matches the Adobe one.
Dumpshm then returns the SYS V key used by any existing installation of
the Adobe player, allowing Gnash to share data via LocalConnection. I'd
assume on AmigaOS4 you don't care about interworking with any existing
Adobe installations, so the LcShmKey can be anything. :-) If zero, Gnash
just picks one for you.

        - rob -