Re: [Gnash-dev] libltdl doesn't contain its include files anymore

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] libltdl doesn't contain its include files anymore
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:31:53 -0600

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> even if using of native threads should be the best solution we have
> pthreads that could be more portable
> But pthreads are also that used in the BOOST library

  Exactly. Boost needs a stable pthreads implementation.

> So i will use the SysV IPC library and i will see if there are problems.
> Maybe i should start with a small test for the library and see if it is ok

  Gnash has several tests cases that do this, some that run standalone
without Gnash.

> Another example of our "missing" functions is mmap/mmunmap
> But here i'm sure at 100% that these functions can be replaced by a
> couple of malloc/free functions.

  Sounds like it.

> as i see diskstream.ccp use mmap..

  Yes, which is only used by Cygnal. I do memory mapped files as it's
faster. This could be replaced by standard file I/O. Gnash itself will
probably never use it, although I've noticed ActionScript 3 now has a
Filesystem class.

        - rob -