Re: [Gnash-dev] convert flash to svg?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] convert flash to svg?
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:53:23 -0600

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Do you know of any maintained, recent and open source projects like that?

  No, but I haven't really looked.

> p.s. Also maybe this is not the right forum to ask this, but is there any
> publicity/promotion website or group for attempting to convince SWF using
> websites to use SVG or other open technology instead? Or is the main
> problem for that a lack of good tools for creating and/or converting the
> multimedia?

  We focus on giving us all access to existing content in the SWF
format, so a converter isn't really something we think about. It'd
potentially be doable using Gnash, but I think it's a project for
somebody else, as we're still working on compatibility issues for swf v10.

  btw, I doubt you'd see video media player's like YouTube written in
SVG, but I could be wrong. I did see some experiments while at LCA about
streaming video using SVG, but it's not there yet...

        - rob -