Re: [Gnash-dev] disable builtin libltdl?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] disable builtin libltdl?
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:11:38 -0600

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> How to disable the use of gnash-0.8.5's builtin libltdl? I don't think I
> wan't it built or used.

  You shouldn't need to disable libltdl. It you are having problems,
it's a symptom of something else. Gnash's configure it setup to not need
any configure options at all, and to attempt to "do the right thing".
Usually Gnash configure options are only to change the default behavior.

  Gnash inherits those extra config options as we use libtoolize, which
forces them on us. Without specifying them, Gnash should build just fine.

> The gnash build still built in its libltdl directory, but didn't appear to
> really use it. How to stop building that?

  This is currently used for loading Gnash extensions, and in the future
will be used for loading class libraries. I've had no problem building
Gnash for NetBSD-x86, although I haven't tried for a few weeks.

        - rob -