[Gnash-dev] Gnash/YouTube

From: Dennis
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash/YouTube
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:14:32 -0500

I installed Gnash 0.8.2 from the distribution provided with gnewSense.
The player plays only SWF7 files from YouTube but not SWF8 or higher.  I
also found this to be true with version 0.8.4 with I downloaded and
compiled.

I noticed that others have had this problem.  Can anyone provide a
status on a resolution of this issue or is there some configuration or
setting that I am not aware of?

I am fairly new to gnewSense and Gnu/Linux in general so please pardon
me if the request sounds naive.

Dennis