Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection URI and .connect
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:20:23 +0100

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:39:14PM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:

> I was a bit hasty with the scuppering claim, I suppose. This would
> actually support the idea that connect() should establish a genuine or
> notional connection to a URL, and that URL/connection is constant until
> connect() is called again, or close() (not tested). Does that sound
> right?

Sounds right.
It should likely support a queue of such connections
and handle/advance them on heart-beat or timer.

For HTTP connection the queue elements would be
of AMFQueue type or something like that.

When RTMP is to be added these elements might need
to become of an abstract type exposing handling/advance
themselves. AMFQueue::advance would then do pretty
much what it currently does on 'tick' but should be
augmented to also have an handle of the "notional connection"
that was current at time of construction.

.. or something along those lines ..

--strk;

 GIS & Flash consultant/developer     ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk          /\   Keep it simple!