[Gnash-dev] How to make Gnash for Windows a mozilla plugin

From: Jason Ash
Subject: [Gnash-dev] How to make Gnash for Windows a mozilla plugin
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:01:19 -0700

Dear Gnash Developers,

I became interested in Gnash when I discovered that Adobe Flash player would not install for Firefox for Windows because my primary hard disk is drive E:\ instead of C:\ Therefore, I'm searching for an alternative flash player plug-in so I don't have to use Internet Exploder. I downloaded the windows version of Gnash 0.8.2 but I can't figure out how to install it and make it a Mozilla plug-in. The readme file isn't much help in this respect. Is the windows version of Gnash currently just a standalone player? Is there a way to make it a mozilla plug-in? One request for future features would be to have a install wizard file in the windows version to install the standalone player and mozilla plug-in effortlessly in a few mouse clicks. Thanks for your help.

Jason