[Gnash-dev] Matrix math

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Matrix math
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:47:29 +0200

So we now cache matrix parameters in the character class
and recompute the matrix from all scales and a rotation
when needed.

Question now is: does it still make sense to have
matrix methods: set_x_scale, set_y_scale, set_rotation ?

The core only uses set_scale_rotation now...

Only user of the others is the testcase, which fails.
It seems to me that there's no way to tell original parameters
from the matrix itself, while the final transformation might
be good enough.
See the testcase testsuite/libcore.all/MatrixTest.cpp
There you see how setting scale to -scale fails to remember
scale got negative and instead introduces a rotation of 180 degrees.

So, should we take that as correct or expect the failure or
drop those parameters setting methods ?

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!