Re: [Gnash-dev] Cross-compiling gnash for arm - undefined reference to `

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Cross-compiling gnash for arm - undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:37:20 -0600

Richard Hardy wrote:

I am currently trying to cross compile Gnash 0.8.3 for an ARM processor
and uClibc 0.9.29 using buildroot (gcc 4.2.3).

../server/.libs/libgnashserver.so: undefined reference to
`__sync_add_and_fetch_4'

../server/.libs/libgnashserver.so: undefined reference to
`__sync_fetch_and_add_4'

I suffered through the same problem with a Gnash port to the SH4. I finally tracked it down as being Boost related. The easy fix was to just use an older Boost instead of the most current one. It's a compiler problem that the current Boost triggers. (still in GCC svn too)

        - rob -