[Gnash-dev] garbage collector and the VM._global object

From: Tom Stellard
Subject: [Gnash-dev] garbage collector and the VM._global object
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 01:29:30 +0800

I have been trying to use the VM._global object to look up and retrieve properties while trying to execute some of the code in ABC blocks, and I keep getting this error message when i try and call functions that use the global object (as_object::dump_members()  for example):

lt-gprocessor: ../libbase/GC.h:232: void gnash::GC::addCollectable(const gnash::GcResource*): Assertion `self == mainThread' failed.

I was wondering if someone could give me some more information about what this message means, why it might be happening, and what I can do to avoid it.
Thanks.

-Tom