Re: [Gnash-dev] libming

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] libming
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:17:51 +0200

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:58:49PM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
> I've been trying to fix tests that libming 0.3.0 doesn't support,
> and I'm find it to be a task beyond its value.  Do I have support for
> modifying configure.ac so that it doesn't use libming < 0.4.0 at all,
> but instead says "your libming is too old.  uninstall it and compile
> from www.libming.org".
>
> Strk suggests throwing a WARNING because he still finds value in
> ''make check'' output with libming 0.3.0 errors.  I'll do that unless
> anybody has better advice.

Ming has a long history but very few releases.
Even latest ubuntu is still only providing 0.3a (0.4 never exited the beta
loop).
As soon as next stable release of Ming is out I think we can drop support
for older. Don't bother fixing it to be 100% correct, it's enough to have it
available to run *some* tests. Developers (and build bots) should know it's
better
to have latest and greatest to run more tests.