[Gnash-dev] RE: Gnash-dev Digest, Vol 30, Issue 12

From: Sternbach, William
Subject: [Gnash-dev] RE: Gnash-dev Digest, Vol 30, Issue 12
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:27:18 -0400

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to ask such basic questions - as I am a new user to gnash.

I have a library of downloaded .flv files which I've downloaded from
youtube.
I would like to play these .flv files on my laptop without an internet
connection.
I would like to use a 100% open source flv player, as open source can be
trusted not to have malware.
I came across the gnu gnash project, and it seems like a very promising
project.

I understand your response that the command line gnash can only play
.swf files.
Please provide more details about which open source flv player to run
with gnash,
along with any url's you might know of which show how to integrate it
with gnash
on a Windows environment.

Thanks,

Bill