Re: [Gnash-dev] ChangeLog ?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ChangeLog ?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:42:59 +0200

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 05:17:43PM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
> I'm looking at the ChangeLog.  I'd like to move the changes prior to
> 0.8.3 into their own file.  It's not just a question of splitting the
> file at one point, because the 0.8.3 release has its own set of
> changes.  I don't know what was done before, but this is what I
> propose:
>
> Copy the branch ChangeLog to the trunk ChangeLog-0.8.3.  At least in
> theory, the branch ChangeLog is a pure subset of the head/trunk
> ChangeLog.  I find the location where they branched (which is where
> the head and branch start to differ).  Then I should go through and
> delete from ChangeLog everything remaining in ChangeLog-0.8.3.
>
> Correct?

ChangeLog-0.8.3 is not a proper subset of ChangeLog, rather they
intersect till the branch point.
We want ChangeLog-0.8.3 to be the full thing, and the new ChangeLog
to start from the branch point.
The result would contain duplicated changes for 0.8.3 and 0.8.4
but that's how it was for real...

Automatic updates by bzr tools will change this all probably anyway.