[Gnash-dev] Segmentation fault caused by bug in SafeStack?

From: Tom Stellard
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Segmentation fault caused by bug in SafeStack?
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:18:03 +0800

I am trying to get gnash to read ABC blocks, and I am getting a segmentation fault in a call to asMethod::pushArgument(asClass *t).  It looks like the problem is that ClassHierarchy::newMethod() function is returning a bad pointer when it creates a new asMethod object.  As far as I can tell, the ClassHierarchy::newMethod() function creates a new asMethod object, and adds it to the bottom of a SafeStack, and then returns a pointer to the object on top of the SafeStack.  This doesn't seem right to me, although I am having a hard time figuring out what the SafeStack is actually doing, so I could be wrong about how it works.  Is there anyone who is more familiar with the SafeStack that would be able to give me a little insight into how it is supposed to work?

Thanks.

-Tom Stellard