[Gnash-dev] rc1 is tagged!

From: Russ Nelson
Subject: [Gnash-dev] rc1 is tagged!
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 01:51:28 -0400

I'm pleased with the state of the 0.8.3 after the ffmpeg changes I
checked in today.  Every gui builds with every renderer we expect
(for which see http://wiki.gnashdev.org/BuildMatrix).  Make distcheck
works.

Here's what I think are the weakest parts of this release candidate:
  o Currently only tested on Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
  o The follow apply to HEAD, but I expect that rc1 is failing in the
    same ways:
    . Buildbot has built recently on Fedora 8, Debian Etch, Ubuntu Gutsy
      (both x86 and amd64), and MIPS64 Debian.
    . Build on amd64-ubuntu-hardy failed due to cvs (probably a config problem)
    . ppc64 Yellow Dog Linux failed test.
  o Not tested on freebsd, openbsd or notbsd, or win2000.
  o This:
      make DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--enable-renderer=cairo --enable-gui=gtk
--enable-media=ffmpeg" distcheck
    worked on May 17, but doesn't work now, sigh.  Have filed a bug
    and bjacques will look at it.
  o Savannah.gnu.org/bugs doesn't have an entry for 0.8.3-rc1.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software