Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello

From: albert . lash
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hello
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 17:12:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi strk,

> Hi Albert, you're very welcome !
> I guess contributing automated tests might be an appropriate contribution
> from you ?

Yes that would be appropriate.

> If you agree you can start taking a look at the testsuite/misc-ming.all
> and testsuite/actionscript.all testsuites.
> The former uses mostly the Ming C interface (but sometimes also just
> makeswf)
> for testing handling of specific tags/features; here there's support
> for adding custom movie *runners* which are C++ based host applications
> doing callbacks into the gnash core api to test interaction and rendering
> related things.
> The latter is just for actionscript, compiling each source unit in
> versions from 5 to 8.

I'm all thumbs with C++, but I'm capable with actionscript and PHP (which
has ming bindings), so I still mike be able to help.

> In both cases we use Dejagnu-like facilities to make runnign tests easier.
>
> The wiki (wiki.gnashdev.org) should contain more, and I'll be happy to
> expand where needed. The gnash manual should also contain info about how
> to write testcases.

I am not familiar with dejagnu, as most of my testing experience is with
the DOM interface (windmill and selenium).

I'm emailing back today as I've finally been able to install gnash 0.8.2
in firefox 3 on debian which is my daily setup. I'm compiling the latest
CVS now, and I'll start by trying that out, and reverting back to 0.8.2 if
I can't get it to work. I'll also start reading up in the wiki.

Thanks for the pointers, more are welcome. :-)

Albert