Re: [Gnash-dev] LocalConnection gnashrc directive

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] LocalConnection gnashrc directive
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:55:20 -0600

strk wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 05:55:16PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> I've also seen that we support the LCShmKey directive, which is also
> undocumented.
> Could we use a LCShmKey of 0 as a way to specify we want it disabled ?

  I think that's too subtle, and the security aspect was covered by
having a LocalConnection ReadOnly option. I sure thought I added docs on
LCShmKey when I rewrote the manual for the last release.

  All this does is let one specify a shared memory key, which is truly
only used for compatibility with the proprietary player. By default
without this, Gnash picks it's own key, and doesn't worry about
compatibility.

> I dunno if it's related, but running 'ipcs -m' here
> gives me a lot of entries owned by me for memory 0x000000
> that can't be removed by ipcrm. Any idea ?

  System stuff, you shouldn't have to worry about any of them. If you
want to be sure, a reboot will create the initial set, and you can store
the output of ipcs and compare it later to see what the new ones are.

        - rob-