[Gnash-dev] Coordinate Spaces

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Coordinate Spaces
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:35:07 +0200

It seems time for a Coordinate Spaces cleanup.
The current code is pretty confusing in that reguard, and
we'll nead a clean interface for implementing Stage alignment,
which is currently causing misalignments on YouTube (for example).

My proposal for a naming convention is as follow:

= Stage Coordinate Space =

 This is the coordinate reference system used by the core library.
 Units are in twips.

= Window Coordinate Space =

 This is the coordinate reference system used by the Gui.
 Units are in pixels.

The core lib should know NOTHING about the Window Coordinate Space,
leaving any conversion to the Gui.

If you agree on the definitions I'd go on reviewing some core and Gui
interfaces to use those names. Any question/concern ?

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!