[Gnash-dev] flash-in-quicktime

From: Austin
Subject: [Gnash-dev] flash-in-quicktime
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:17:49 -0400

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for a way to play some files my gf needs for school. They play find in Quicktime for Windows, but fail on every linux app I can find.

The problem is with quicktime files (otherwise working with mplayer) containing flash animations (otherwise working with gnash or adobe flash), but the combination doesn't play.

Some examples:
http://www.indiana.edu/~anat550/cvanim/htube/htube.html
http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/getcreative/Creative_Commons_-_Get_Creative.mov

Since we already have the infrastructure to play both formats, I would imagine either mplayer or gnash could be adapted to handle them.

Any chance of this happening?

(Or, suboptimally, is there any way to extract the animations from the quicktime container?)

Thanks,
Austin Acton
Mandriva Linux