Re: [Gnash-dev] System Requirements

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] System Requirements
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:36:54 -0600

Melissa Goldin wrote:

> Are there currently any hardware requirements for running Gnash?  I see
> the section of the manual that discusses code dependencies, but I'd like
> to confirm:

  Sort of, but not really. On the low end, I've run Gnash (no video
support) at 200Mhz, and 64M RAM on an ARM9. I've managed to run video at
336Mhz, and 256M RAM. (OLPC). For graphics, Gnash will on anything from
a raw frame buffer, up to an OpenGL supporting graphics card. Gnash has
also been run on most of the free unix variants, windows, Darwin
(MacOSX), Iris, Solaris, BeOs, OS/2, and Haiku. While the 32 bit support
is the most stable, we also have run on the PowerPc, Itanium,
UltraSparc, and AMD64 as a native 64 bit application.

        - rob -