Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser plugin for OS/2

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Browser plugin for OS/2
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:53:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Paul Smedley wrote:

I've been looking at the sample unix and win32 plugins.... I see how the win32 plugin renders using create_render_handler_ogl() - how does the unix plugin do it?

The Mozilla and Konqueror plugins spawn a new gnash process. The gnash
process is then instructed, using the -x parameter, to render into the
specified X Window. Internally, the Gnash GUI maintains a buffer in which the
renderer (in your case AGG) renders the movie. On certain intervals and
events, the GUI renders the buffer into the specified window.

I don't know if win32 supports such a structure of window embedding, but
if so, I would highly recommend using it. This will, in future releases,
give users the flexibility of choosing a GUI and/or renderer at runtime.

I've been suggested to use the win32 plugin as a base

I'm not sure that's a good example, but I suppose it's a start. It is
probably useful to know that, given some minor adjustments, the Mozilla
plugin (which uses NPAPI) should work on win32.

Good luck!

Bastiaan