Re: [Gnash-dev] Memory leak detected

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Memory leak detected
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 21:16:03 +0200

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:21:20AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Yet, I found another memory leak in Gnash.

It turned out the "leak" was in the Gnash debugger, which
is enabled by default.
It wasn't a "proper" leak, in that the allocated memory
wasn't lost, but rather released on shut-down.

Now, a few things:

        1) I think debugger should be disabled by default, being
           in alpha stage, and also reducing speed (speed was doubled
           with it disabled)

        2) We should not spend any time and take any memory for debugging
           unless -g is given.

        3) We should review the debugger code to find out where is the
           memory growing and fix that bug (there's no point in taking up
           more memory in a loop)