Re: [Gnash-dev] post-release task item: removing threads use

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] post-release task item: removing threads use
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:03:23 +0100

2007/5/31, strk <address@hidden>:
Ok, we're busing shipping 0.8.0 now, but after that I'm seriously
thinking about dropping thread use.

By providing a "tick" call (see
http://www.gnashdev.org/wiki/index.php/MovieAdvancement)

If a 24fps video be running in a 10fps flash movie, won't you need a
120ticks-per-second (or rather lowest common multiple t-p-s?
I would have thought a free-running thread doing the video was
favourite for this.

At present, as far as I understand it, there is just a 1/FPS-second sleep in the
main GUI routine, synched off SDL ticks or off gettimeofday()
depending which GUI.

How is the high-FPS video running in lower-FPS SWF case handled by the
current renderers?