Re: [Gnash-dev] Performance drop

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Performance drop
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:52:35 +0100

2007/5/29, Eric Hughes <address@hidden>:
when I looked at the
matrix code last month I did notice one thing I was going to recommend:
storing both canonical matrix parameters and the matrix itself and
computing the matrix only when necessary.

Good idea, but better after the release so I'm bugging this as a
"wish" so it doesn't get forgotten.

I guess this will have a higher impact on systems with no FPU or with
brain-damaged FP like Debian ARM but my feeling is that execution
profiling comes before specific tweaks unless they are simple, local
and obvious.