Re: [Gnash-dev] FSF copyright notices slightly off

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] FSF copyright notices slightly off
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:19:28 +0100

The question isn't if the code is GPL (all the gnash code is GPL), the question
is if the copyright can be assigned to FSF.

I thought there should be the GPL boilerplate in each source file for
it to be legally binding. Mind u, GPLing PD code seems similar to the
sort of thing the GPL was designed to prevent.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Copyright-Notices
If a file has been explicitly placed in the public domain, then
instead of a copyright notice, it should have a notice saying
explicitly that it is in the public domain.
... which they do. I suppose we wait until significant modifications
have taken place
and meantime put a note in the header that it has been modified for Gnash.