[Gnash-dev] Testcases needed for html edittext

From: dolphinling
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Testcases needed for html edittext
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 03:49:13 -0400

I'd like to try implementing html support in edittext. Alexis' SWF Reference has a section on what's supported by the proprietary player: http://sswf.sourceforge.net/SWFalexref.html#tag_defineedittext

However, it doesn't say what the propriety player does with invalid texts. If we want compatibility, that's a very important thing to know.

If there's nowhere online already, I'd be happy to make up a big list of things to be tested (this would be a VERY big list... it's amazing how many ways HTML can be invalid). However, I'd need someone else to make the actual tests and run them, since I don't know how to use any swf creation software.

A small sample of the TYPES of things I'd need tested:

<i unfinished tag</i>
<i>unclosed i element
non-alphanumeric chars</a>
<xx>invalid element</xx>