Re: [Gnash-dev] shape_character_def fill/line styles

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] shape_character_def fill/line styles
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:27:48 +0200

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 11:55:49AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> s>         * server/parser/shape_character_def.cpp (read): when parsing
> s>           DEFINEFONT tags provide a dummy solid white fill style to
> s>           act as a placeholder for consistency checking.
>
> What relies on that fill style? The render handler does *not*.

Maybe it was that is_solid() call.
Anyway, I think I finally introduced a consistency checking relying
on it, to take into account other cases.
Now, when a style is read, an assertion fails if the corresponding
shape_character_def doesn't have a fill defined for it (or maybe it's
a malformed SWF unless reading a font).

Can't clearly remember everything.
Anyway, should be easy to remove the dummy entry and the check when
dealing with fonts, or maybe add a different check (0 or 1 for fill
accepted, anything else forbidden).
It's just that the postconditions/preconditions are harder to describe
(ie: sometimes we want the fills to exist, sometimes not)