Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re:Serious performance problem

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re:Serious performance problem
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:59:19 +0200

Hello Sandro,

Sunday, May 6, 2007, 8:18:06 PM, you wrote:
SS> Sure, check if we have a testcase and if not do it yourself.
SS> The testcase would for example set a variable in a child movie
SS> and check that variable's value after loopback of the parent.

Ok, I checked this. Actions get executed only once, like they should.

I attached a testcase (sorry, can't give you Ming code). Add

  cout << changed_ranges << "\n";

to gui.cpp:376 and you'll see that Gnash is re-drawing the movieclip
forever.

The movieclip itself is just a single frame sprite, placed statically
on the root movie which prints a message using trace().

The root movie loops from frame 3 to frame 2 using

   gotoAndPlay(2);

No other ActionScript is used.

The trace() message of the movieclip is printed only once (which is
correct), but the sprite is still redrawn anyway. This makes no sense
to me..

Any idea?

Udo