Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Building extensions

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Building extensions
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:12:01 +0200

Hello strk,

>> - extensions should be enabled at compile time explicitly (they will
>>   probably be used only for special cases)

s> They are already.

I know, I was just listing what in my opinion is important.

>> - the user should know in some way when a security relevant extension
>>   is being used by a movie (I would not want that my browser allows
>>   full file system access to any movie I see on a web page)

s> We have a log_security() function which is currently used for loading
resources.
s> We should use it for FileIO and similar things too, even if for just saying:
s> we're allowing this (so the user knows).

Mmmh, then it's too late and you had no chance to block it.

>> - in certain cases, extensions should be allowed explicitly and
>>   without bothering the user (important for embedded designs)

s> Wouldn't a config file be enough ?

Sure. Or a command line switch.

Udo