Fwd: [Gnash-dev] How to improve the performance on the embedded devices

From: 陈建
Subject: Fwd: [Gnash-dev] How to improve the performance on the embedded devices
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:16:46 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: 陈建 <address@hidden>
Date: 2007-4-24 上午9:15
To: Udo Giacomozzi <address@hidden>

2007/4/23, Udo Giacomozzi <address@hidden>:
?> I successfully ported gnash.0.7.2 to an MP4 whichran on about
?> 350Hz. It ran well, but very slow. I had a profile andfound most
?> timewas spent on theagg rendering.I want to improve the
?> performance,can anyone give me some advice?Thanks.

A few questions:

- did you try the current CVS version?

I will try it soon

- does your processor have a FPU (not necessary for AGG, but important
for the rest of Gnash)

No. Why do you think it is not neccessary for AGG?

- What movie(s) did you test? At what screen resolution / color depth?
Please describe the performance you experienced.

I want to upload the movie, please tell me how. The sreen is 320x240 and 32bpp. The movie played at about 5 frame per second or worse.

- How did you profile Gnash and did you find a particular part of AGG
being slow?

I use a IDE which has a profile function. I don't have the profile at hand and don't remember it exactly, but I will do profileiint again as soon as possible.

Gnash/AGG is currently not very optimized for performance as we have
other tasks to complete currently, but performance should not be too
bad after all.

Udo