Re: [Gnash-dev] Porting gnash to Sun Solaris x86, endianness detection i

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Porting gnash to Sun Solaris x86, endianness detection issues.
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:53:02 +0100

2007/4/17, Criveti Mihai <address@hidden>:
The problem was in tu_types.h
My (temporary) solution was to remove detection and enforce LITTLE_ENDIAN (#
 define _TU_LITTLE_ENDIAN_ 1)

68a69,71
> #  ifndef BYTE_ORDER
> #    error BYTE_ORDER not defined by endian.h. :(
> #  endif // BYTE_ORDER
70a74
> #if ((BYTE_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN)||(BYTE_ORDER == _LITTLE_ENDIAN))
71a76,78
> #else
> #     undef _TU_LITTLE_ENDIAN_
> #endif //BYTE_ORDER == SDL_LIL_ENDIAN

Sorry, I don't understand what changes you are suggesting. That code
seems to be in tu_types.h already.
Can you suggest a way to automatically detect endianness on your box
so that we can make a patch that will also work everywhere else?

Thanks