[Gnash-dev] checking ffpmeg in ./configure is broken

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] checking ffpmeg in ./configure is broken
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:32:29 -0700

In today's CVS source tree, I ran autogen.sh and then:

  ./configure --enable-renderer=cairo --enable-gstreamer

Among the output, it seems to have ignored the --enable-gstreamer,
because it's looking for ffmpeg (which I don't have) -- and then its
shell script is flaking out:

checking for ffmpeg header... Package libavcodec was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
No package 'libavcodec' found
no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
grep: /avcodec.h: No such file or directory
./configure: line 21887: test: -lt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 21895: test: -gt: unary operator expected
./configure: line 21903: test: -lt: unary operator expected
checking for libavcodec library... no
checking for ff_eval in -lavcodec... no
configure: WARNING: ffmpeg specified as decoder, but it's not present,
disabling media handling
checking for cairo.h header using pkg-config... -I/usr/include/cairo
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12
checking for libcairo library... -lcairo

If we're moving to using "--enable-media=", do we need or want the
"--enable-gstreamer" option?

By the way, --enable-media=gstreamer doesn't work.  It says
"configure: error: bad value gstreamer for --enable-media option".
For some reason it wants us to call it "GST" rather than
"gstreamer".  I don't think the saving of six letters is worth the
confusion.

        John

PS:  I also couldn't figure out how to install Ming & MTASC in Fedora Core.
Does somebody know what Fedora named these packages?