Re: [Gnash-dev] Cross compile gnash for ARM9

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Cross compile gnash for ARM9
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:48:33 -0600

shamju joseph wrote:

> [1] Is boost must for gnash ?

  Yes, as we use Boost mutexes and threads.

> [2] Has anybody cross compled boost for ARM ?

  Yes. I do this occasionally for my Sharp Zaurus which runs OpenZaurus
(Debian).

> [3] I found that installation of BOOST is very
> confusing. Is it possible to cross compile BOOST for
> ARM9 ?

  Yes, but it's not easy...

> [4] Can somebody give necessary steps to install BOOST
> for gnash?

  You have to hack the Makefile to use the right tools. You can probably
grab the one I build based on OpenEmbedded from http://gnash.lulu.com/tools.

> I have a cvs version of Oct 2006.
> My build system: x86-linux-gnu, gcc : version 4.1.0

  Way too out of date. This should work out of the box with Gnash CVS
HEAD. In Oct, we weren't doing as much cross compiling.

> I configured gnash with the following command:

  Drop all the settings, you're preventing Gnash from from figuring
things out on it's own, which will work better. There is a detailed
chapter in the Gnash manual on how to cross configure and cross compile
Gnash. Note that this will only work with a Gnash snapshot less than a
month old.

        - rob -