Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.7.2 on FreeBSD

From: Dmitry Marakasov
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.7.2 on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:40:54 +0300

* Mario Pavlov (address@hidden) wrote:

> I have two questions :)
> 1) Does gnash require to be compiled with GTK support for the browser plugin
> to be build ?
Seems so, the plugin doesn't get installed if --enable-gui=SDL is
specified. I've already changed the port to take this bahavior into
account.

> 2) If the answer of the first question is "YES", I'll ask you for some help
> with getting gnash to work on FreeBSD
As I've already written to you in private email, people on #gnash gave
me an idea that gnash links against wrong libraries, thus `Undefined
symbol' error, but no (visible) problems with linking and finding
libraries.

Make sure there are no leftovers from previous gnash installations.
Should be like this:

% find /usr/local/lib -name "*gnash*"
/usr/local/lib/gnash
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbase-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbase.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbase.la
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgeo.la
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashamf-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashamf.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashamf.la
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashserver-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashserver.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashserver.la
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashbackend.la
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgui-0.7.2.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgui.so
/usr/local/lib/gnash/libgnashgui.la
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libgnashplugin.so

There should be no libgnash*.so.0 and libgnash*.a files.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Marakasov               mailto:address@hidden