Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:03:32 +0100

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:30:57PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
> There are a couple of ways to get code compiled standalone.
>
> One way would be to use the <import> tag, which will compile a library which
> is designed to be loaded at runtime using loadMovie. It can be used instead
> of <include>, I will send a code example in a minute.. it will compile a
> standalone swf for the library.
>
> The library file will just contain a big script action block, and a callback
> at the end.

mmm.. not sure I understand this layout. The problem is with the "runtime"
of openlaszlo itself, so assuming this library is compiled itself with
openlaszlo the goal is to have the compiler compile the smallest SWF possible.
I mean, I don't need to import my own SWF, rather I need openlaszlo to produce
a *small* file, the simplest possible. Possibly proceeding incrementally by
compiling some of the primitives in the library as a second step.