Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: video in gnash
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:47:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

>   Whether it is necessary to convert YUV-> RGB? Everyone video render should
> solve itself. I am precisely assured, that the convertion should not be in "
> class YUV_video ". Because img_convert(YUV 1024x768 => RGB) goes during ~10ms
> on Pentium 1.7Ghz. Our video works simultaneously with Flash player. Usually
> user of Flash uses 24 Frame Per Second. Hence at us is 40ms to draw flash
> frame & video frame. The current video implementation draws video for
> ~(7..10)ms. Therefore addition yuv=>rgb convertion can lead to that that we
> shall not keep within in fps.

We don't have to convert from YUV to RGB for renderers that support YUV, but
AGG isn't one of them, so conversion is needed, whether there is time or not.
If not, then we have one more reason to look into gnashs syncing mechanism ;)

cheers,

Tomas

Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
notesblok. http://dk.mail.yahoo.com