[Gnash-dev] Dejagnu.swf loadable module

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Dejagnu.swf loadable module
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:49:11 +0100

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:35:33AM +0000, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> Log message:
>               * testsuite/misc-ming.all: ming_utils.{c.h}: add
>                 a get_dejagnu_clip() function.
>               * testsuite/misc-ming.all: Makefile.am, Dejagnu.c:
>                 initial version of a loadable Dejagnu module for SWF
>                 (needs more work)

A bit more information on this commit in head.
I'm preparing a loadable "Dejagnu" module for use by self-contained
testcases that do NOT use Ming as their generator (we have other
free generators for SWF output...).
So far the module can be "imported" (symbol name: "dejagnu") from
your SWF and you can use the 'check', 'xcheck', 'check_equals',
'xcheck_equals' and 'totals' functions from your SWF.

Note that due to actions execution order the functions will only be
available one-frame-after the frame including the IMPORT tag, so if
needed you'll have to insert a "do-nothing" frame at start of your SWF.

My plan is to use this 'loadable module' when creating the 'visual' versions
of our actionscript.all testcases. This is because the 'loadable module'
has a couple of advantages over the current 'visual trace':

        1) current 'visual trace' uses the drawing api, which is
           NOT implemented in gnash.

        2) current 'visual trace' uses the drawing api, which is
           NOT available when target SWF is 5.

        3) using an external, loaded, module, will allow us to make
           the module smarter in the future so to also report
           test results to an online-database application.

Tests welcome :)