[Gnash-dev] libXext required to configure even if --without-x?

From: John Franklin
Subject: [Gnash-dev] libXext required to configure even if --without-x?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:29:23 -0800

Hello,

If I configure with "--without-x" I get the following error during configure:

checking for libXext... no
configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
them either.

If I configure with "--without-x --disable-plugin" it's fine.

Should --without-x override all X dependencies, with a warning and a disabling
of the dependency during configuration?

John Franklin