[Gnash-dev] Re[2]: WARNING: add_bitmap called with bi=NULL

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re[2]: WARNING: add_bitmap called with bi=NULL
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:08:51 +0100

Hello strk,

Monday, November 6, 2006, 9:53:40 AM, you wrote:
s> I might think this is a spurious and unused fill-style
s> accidentally left in from the SWF generator (just think about
s> a .doc file and laugh). Anyway, if that is really unused,
s> why is AGG ever passed it ?

The AGG renderer must pre-initialize *all* fill styles a character may
use. Currently it adds a fully transparent "color" as a placeholder,
because the indices must still match.

I plan (once I find time for it) to pre-initialize all fill styles
only once and then cache them forever (little memory overhead), thus
the warning message will be printed only once. You can also
comment-out that log_msg if you want.

s> This seems another occasion to use our new macros (malformed SWF?)

s> As usual, the best approach would be trying to *produce* such
s> a malformed SWF to find out why and how it should be handled.

I have the strong feeling that this happens when you add bitmaps to
the FLA file and remove them afterwards. I guess the IDE can't forget
about them and still exports references.

Will test this soon.

Udo